With the advent of new cases such as Mini-ITX and Micro ATX, the stress over standardized cases has significantly been reduced. Well, people were afraid of slotting in their components, mostly high-end GPUs and CPUs, because micro ATX cases and Mini-ITX cases have little to no room for upgradation. But to our surprise, with time, micro ATX cases have become a new norm in our society. The reason is quite simple since micro ATX cases bring portability in action. Not to mention, the recent advancements in the overall size of GPUs have made the cases being widely used since now can upgrade and pitch in liquid coolers. That’s the reason why we will be shedding light on the best smallest Micro ATX cases.
Speaking of which, it brings us to the idea of Micro ATX Computer Cases. There are two types of cases: simple and dull, and the other aesthetically pleasing and vibrant. People usually resort to RGB and on-sleek design for compact Micro ATX cases. Whereas, a few of the people use simple computer cases because looks don’t matter for them. So, which one of them are you?
Features of Best Micro ATX Case
Micro ATX motherboards that have gained popularity among gamers and professionals due to the following features.
- Arrangement of Cables: In one way or the other, the cable arrangement matters a lot, and you cannot ignore it while considering the top qualities of a computer to make it best for gameplay. It is critical to clean your machine and provide you with ease to perform the task. The cables in a manageable way can be cleaned easily, and there is no short circuit problem. In this regard, the Velcro and twist ties serve you in a better way, but these need the used scissor while removing from the PC. So, care must be taken in this situation.
- Removable Disk Filter: Micro ATX motherboards have a removable disk filter, which makes it easy to maintain, and it can filter binary information and provide a good view of the game setup. If you want to keep your computer clean and free of dust, a case with this option is a must-go-to. Your computer case must remove the debris and dust efficiently and effectively without affecting the other components.
- Optional Drivers: Most of the micro ATX cases are not built to support all the optional drivers, and they cannot work properly in this regard. In some cases, there is an option to use the slim or the slot load drive only. Therefore, the Case must be like this so that it can work best to provide you comfort while playing the games
- Drive Bays: Drive bays are the options for you to build and install your custom parts, such as temperature readouts, controllers, and hard drivers. Therefore, you must keep in mind that you are purchasing the right size components for your computer. The components’ size can be varied from 2.5 inches to 5.25 inches that are considered standard sizes.
- Motherboard tray: When purchasing a Micro ATX case for your computer, you must look for a motherboard tray’s details because it is the most critical part of the Case. The motherboard tray contains all the central components of your computer to provide quality of performance.
- PSU Space: Since there are hundreds of PSUs out there, you need to ensure that the type of PSU you are getting for your gaming system is not vulnerable to voltage fluctuations. On top of that, Micro ATX cases only fit in specific dimensions. So, it’s always better to look for a PSU that fits your Micro ATX case well.
- Form Factor: Form factors are three types: full, mid, and mini-tower options that best suit ATX boards. In this way, you can decide about the size of the Case for your computer and the motherboard that can easily fit in it. In addition to these, there are several Tower Cases, SFF, and Small Form-factor cases available in the market. However, all these forms are not suitable for gaming, so you must avoid all these.
- GPU Space: Your Micro ATX case must have a space that is enough to fix the graphic card in it because some graphic cards are large and require a lot of space. Therefore, you must choose a Micro ATX case that has 10 to 12 inches so that it can support your old or incoming video.
- CPU Cooler: The type of CPU cooler greatly affects the working of your computer. So, the Micro ATX case must have space for putting a CPU Cooler so that you can keep your computer cool and healthy. The quality of the cooling system can greatly affect your computer’s working efficiency and make it stable to perform well.
- PC Ports Case: Although the necessity of expansion arises from the motherboard, some cases offer different port expansions, for example, USB 3.1 Type C. These ports are just for enhanced compatibility, so it’s always better to look for the Case which offers such value-added features.
List of Best Smallest Micro-ATX Cases
Here are some best smallest ATX cases that can serve best for providing complete gameplay.
Best affordable micro ATX case
The Cooler Master MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00 Cases your direct choice in the MasterBox Q-series from Cooler Master, a series that may be small in size but exceeds the performance, modularity, and thermal performance.
The combination of practical design and unique custom-made beauty makes the Q300L an excellent choice for office and home use.
Brand: Cooler Master
Dimensions: 15 x 9.1 x 15.2 inches
Weight: 1.06 pounds
Material: Steel, Plastic
The Cooler Master MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00 has the following prominent features mentioned below.
- The IO panel can be rotated in 6 different positions, and the Case can be positioned vertically.
- It has the Edge Acrylic Transparent Side Panel offers a full interior look and transparency.
- The height of the cooler master case is normal that can support the normal size of ATX power
- Flip Magnetic Design Dust Filter with an open front, top, and bottom ventilation provides full power and reduces noise.
- Backspace behind the curved board for hidden cable management reduced accident and perfect look.
The Cooler Master MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00, a series that may be small in size but exceeds the performance, modularity, and thermal performance. It provides easy and powerful work.
Best Stylish micro ATX case
The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB micro-ATX is a high-performance Micro-ATX with three beautiful glass panels, lovely LL120 RGB fans, and an in-room interior clean look and clean design.
Extraordinary cooling power provides access to up to six cooling fans and a 240mm standard cooling radius. Simultaneously, the dual-chamber design allows you to position your computer while displaying the drive, cables, and PSU away from the dedicated room.
With 32 RGB LEDs controlled by the CORSAIR software CUE, it’s easy to match your setup, create amazing lighting effects, or sync all your CORSAIR RGB lighting together
Dimensions: 15.7 x 10.9 x 13.8 inches
Weight: 15.96 pounds
Material: Steel, Tempered Glass
The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB micro-ATX is a high-performance Micro-ATX, has the following prominent features.
- The main cooling power has access to six cool 120mm fans, or a radiator 240mm up, a 240mm radiator in front, and a 240mm radius underneath
- The two are integrated with the CORSAIR LL120 RGB of RGB fans boasting 32 customizable ones, powered by Lighting Node Pro digital RGB lightening controller and CORSAIR software to deliver color sync
- Three soft glass panels put your system on display as just another Micro-ATX case
- The two-room layout highlights the main components of your PC while teaching the wires, the car, and the PSU in a dedicated backroom A 3,5 “docked storage compartment and three 2.5” drivetrain keep your system clean without sacrificing storage capacity.
The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB micro-ATX is a high-performance Micro-ATX which has Extraordinary cooling power, provides access to up to six cooling fans and a 240mm standard cooling radius, while the dual-chamber design allows you to position your computer while displaying the drive, cables, and PSU away from the dedicated room.
Best compact micro ATX case
Antec Minuet 350 micro ATX case is a nice desktop-mini case that features amazing performance and a remarkably svelte profile, ideal for program designers looking for a smaller chassis.
Its short foot base and bracket allow it to fit vertically or horizontally into tight spaces. With a high-performance, high-performance 80 PLUS certified power supply with 350-Watt power supply, pre-USB 3.0, 3 SATA, and audio ports, the Minuet 350 offers the right combination of functionality and convenience.
Size: Minuet 350
Dimensions: 12.8 x 3.8 x 16.8 inches
Weight: 12.6 pounds
Model/Series: MINUET 350
Style: Minuet 350
Antec Minuet 350 Micro ATX case is a nice desktop-mini case that has the following features and amazing performance.
- It has three drive bays for 5.25 “exterior, 3.5” exterior, and 3.5 “interior and a flip-up drive for frontline birds.
- An 80 PLUS power supply guaranteed 350-Watt supply with Universal Input and Active PFC to reduce the electricity bill.
- An 80mm TriCool follower controls a 3-speed switch, and a high panel with vents achieves maximum CPU & VGA card cooling.
- A small mini-desktop case with black piano edges that can fit vertically or vertically into tight spaces.
- The right front ports have 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x SATA and 2 x audio jacks perfect for data input and output.
Antec Minuet 350 micro ATX case is a nice desktop-mini case that features amazing performance and a remarkably svelte profile, ideal for program designers looking for a smaller chassis.
Best Chassis Micro ATX case
Thermaltake Core V21 SPCC Micro M-ATX cube-based chain that offers a fast and reliable swap solution. It allows external modular upgrades for enthusiasts to create two systems.
Designed to be used to render a vertical or horizontal board on the motherboard, users can customize the chassis with an excellent viewing presentation.
The 200mm follower on the front panel ensures that the Core V21 delivers advanced cooling performance in line with the wider DIY / AIO LCS and enhances the reputation that the series air-cooling units are famous for. Confirmed to be a high-power system, the Core V21 also can absorb various enhancements to promote performance while transparent.
Size: Micro ATX
Dimensions: 16.7 x 12.6 x 13.2 inches
Weight: 14.33 pounds
Style: V21 Cube
Thermaltake Core V21 SPCC Micro M-ATX cube-based chain that has the following features offers a fast and reliable swap solution.
- It has supported M ATX and Mini ITX Factor Motherboards that are 6.7inch* 6.7inch (Mini ITX) and 9.6inch* 9.6inch (Micro ATX)
- Designed for use in an either vertical or horizontal position on the motherboard
- Chamber Concept Design with a well-designed cable controller for Small Forms Design
- Thermal Adaptive Solution and Conditions. Surprising Stretch. Advanced Ventilation
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Mic Front Ports, Inner Bay: 3x 3.5 inches or 2.5 inches
- Includes 1x 200mm Front Fan Pre-Installed, Voluntary Cooling Available with three-year Warranty.
Thermaltake Core V21 SPCC Micro M-ATX cube-based chain that offers a fast and reliable swap solution. It allows external modular upgrades for enthusiasts to create two systems and provide access to extra-long graphics.
Best Valuable Micro ATX case
NZXT H400i-MicroATX PC gaming case vision for building a modern PC. This premium micro-ATX Case features a unique Smart that also pulls in RGB lighting and performance for fans.
You can unmistakably control RGB light and fans, while Adaptive Noise Reduction boosts your build acoustics with machine learning and the right settings for fans. Includes three Aer F fans integrated with two RGB RDCs to enhance your build’s beauty, as seen on the magnificent H400i glass pane.
Dimensions: 16.6 x 8.3 x 16.4 inches
Weight: 16.76 pounds
Material: Tempered Glass
The H400i’s vision mirrors NZXT’ gaming case vision for building a modern PC. It has the following prominent features:
- It has a premium quality all-metal design with the H Series design; achieved by four color combinations
- Smart devices built-in RGB and digital controller fan powered by CAM, streamline the HUE + and GRID + functionality and include two pre-installed fans and RGB LED strips for dynamic customization
- It provides a lighting Guarantee to improves cooling and noise measurement with the best gaming comfort
- Installation and expansion are simplified with pre-installed channels and straps, and its last page show off your Christmas light design
- Installation is easy for both AIO and our custom preparation, and it consists of three Aer F120mm fans for good airflow and Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX
The H400i’s vision mirrors NZXT’ gaming case vision for building a modern PC. This premium micro-ATX Case features a unique option that also pulls in RGB lighting and performance for fans.
Best white Micro ATX case
Corsair CC-9011048-WW computer case has an unusual design of the Carbide Series Air 540 uses both rooms to deliver cool air to your CPU, graphics cards, motherboard, and memory without any drive or power supply.
The AF140L Air Series is customized, and the exhaust fans provide better airflow performance at lower noise levels than the standard local fans. You can also mount up to six 120mm or five fans, with 280mm radiator support and a 360mm radiator room on the front panel.
Size: 7.6 lb
Dimensions: 16.3 pounds
Weight: 16.3 pounds
Style: Version 2
The Corsair CC-9011048-WW computer case has an unusual design of the Carbide that has the following important features.
- It has the two-room Direct-Air Direct Path design
- The clean, space-saving design still offers interior volume
- Includes three High-Performance Air Series AF140L fans for better, more cool fans
- Tons of room for expansion of upper air cooling and liquid cooling
Corsair CC-9011048-WW computer case is a perfect choice for PCs. It Has an unusual design of the Carbide Series Air 540 and uses both rooms to deliver cool air to your CPU, graphics cards, motherboard, and memory without any drive or power supply.
Best value-added Micro ATX case
Dark flash micro ATX computer case offers users the option of getting liquid or Air-cooled while supporting the main Hardware.
It is built to withstand travel difficulties with its 1.2 mm steel frame, and the warm glass will be powerful to scan, making it a perfect LAN rig. Incorporate your powerful rig into this small package
Weight: 13.18 pounds
color: DLM21 Black
Material: Tempered Glass
Style: Micro ATX / Mini-ITX
Dark flash micro ATX case offers users the option of getting liquid or Air-cooled while supporting the main Hardware, and it has the following prominent features.
- For the opening from the panel’s side with magnetic design, easy to roll, and use the tool for free.
- It has a panel design in which the front panel accepts the Low poly design and gives you an enjoyable view.
- The thick black glass shows the effect of light in the form of a low profile. Meanwhile, the perfect warm glass design makes the interior look of the chassis wide.
- It has a high-quality composition with 0,6mm SPCC painted to create a metallic design with impressive beauty.
- It can install 120mm and 2 / 140mm 2 air coolers and 240mm of cool water, making many user choices.
Dark flash micro ATX computer case offers users the option of getting liquid or Air-cooled while supporting the main Hardware, which is a perfect choice for your CPU.
What Factors to Consider when buying the Smallest Micro-ATX Cases?
Before you buy any Micro ATX case for your computer, you should always think about what you want. Whichever you choose, just think of our tips and find out that the Case is perfectly suited to your preferences.
- Expandability: If you are going to buy a computer case for a long time and do not want to change the system, you must go for a Micro ATX case with enough space to add other components in the future. Look for the computer case that has more PCI slots and drive bays that can allow you to add more components along with the existing ones.
- Space for Components: Keep an eye on how much space your site will take since it is ultimately your system’s shell. If you have a small desk or several monitors, perhaps consider a simple option, then you can go for a small Micro ATX case. However, when you have enough space, then go for the large computer cases for the headroom for future updates. So before purchasing, you must make a list of all the products you want to install on your computer system. In this way, you can select the best one to build powerful gameplay. The type of motherboards, drive bays, radiators, expansion slots, and coolers decide the type of Micro ATX case, and you should buy it accordingly. Enough space to fit all the components is not enough, but you must buy a computer case with enough space that the components can also be used even after the installation. The fan mouths must also be considered in this regard. These fan mouths must be 80 mm to 120 mm in size. Therefore, there must be a clearance space for future accessibility.
- Air Flow: The airflow system is an essential part of the computer case. However, some of the cases have an unreliable airflow system that may cause heat up issues. Remember to pick the Case with the best airflow and support more fans and radiators for the smooth working of gameplay. It is important to avoid the risk of overheating that may damage the other components of your computer. The Micro ATX Case must include two fans, at least from which one fan must be on the back of the housing to remove the heated air from the surroundings.
- Durability: When buying a Micro ATX case, the factor of durability is most important, so it must be kept in mind during the buying process. If you want a very good case but ignore the quality of cases, this is the biggest mistake you can make. Always check the build quality before buying. All aluminum and iron cases are excellent chassis for durability. Therefore, the Case must be sturdy enough to prevent the shock or motion of the other computer system parts. The durability of the Case can be different from one model to the other one. The cases of metal are best for use, so avoid the cheapy cases.
- Noise: If you want a very good case, they should have less noise. Those PCs with dust filters, cooling options, and well management of cables reduce noise and work calmly. However, the airflow is more important for the proper working of the system. The use of more fans to make the system cool can cause more noise. In this situation, do not compromise with the cooling system and airflow to reduce the noise.
- Design and Customization: While purchasing a Micro ATX case, the first thing to consider is the Case’s design and how it is customized. The aesthetic designs of micro ATX cases are attractive, and the customer wants to grab the best one. However, this is critical, and you have to know the details of the material before grasping the good-looking Case. It is recommended that you must not buy a tempered glass case because it requires extra effort to hide the cables.
- RGB Lighting: The other attractive feature for gamers is the RGB lighting that allows them to customize the lights according to their mood. Therefore, you must go for the one that perfectly suits your personality. You must not follow the people but find your taste.
- Cooling Option: Most of the cases have a weak airflow system in a condition that can eventually have heating problems. Remember to choose the Case with the best airflow, and you can support the most fans and radiators for smooth games. It is advised to pick a computer case that can install and clean the system properly and keep it cool and smoothly running. You must avoid the liquid cooling system to avoid any accident. Also, you must check the cooling system before buying it.
- Dust Filter: If the PCs have dust filters, they have more power; they swallow more air to cool parts, they also absorb more dust, different particles, and even hair. Ultimately, these materials will reduce gills’ performance and thin air. Thus, before purchasing the computer case, you must confirm that it has a dust filter that can protect it against environmental pollution. These dust filters must prevent the entry of dust particles along with the provision of easy access. The Micro ATX cases with magnetic dust particles ensure the air’s positive airflow that prevents any damage to the system.
- Budget: The most important factor while purchasing the Micro ATX case is the budget. The computer case price can change your decision, and you have to purchase the one within your budget. Therefore, you must know about the price before deciding any computer case so that you can gain your desired affordable system by
- Cable Management: To keep your computer clean and avoid the cables’ mess, you must buy a computer case that has proper arrangements for cables to keep them well-managed. Moreover, the computer case with well-managed cable can provide you more space for other essential components.
Conclusively, the above list is not finite and does not entail any biased opinion from our side. The list has been pitched in considering all the nuances that go into a gaming setup. I hope the article was viable and approachable in every direction. I know you must be confused about which smallest micro ATX case to go for, so I would recommend getting MasterBox Q300L.
Not to mention, the smallest and the best Micro ATX cases available in the market are different from others due to their distinctive qualities. Therefore, keep in mind all the essential features to avoid any inconvenience. By considering all your requirements, we have collected the eight smallest ATX Cases that are best and most suitable for having a powerful gaming system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before purchasing Micro ATX cases, the customers confront numerous questions rising in their mind. Some of the questions are answered below.
What is ATX and what is its purpose?
ATX is Advanced Technology that specifies the configuration and size of motherboards and is enhanced shape.
The ATX motherboard has several advantages over other models. For example, they include advanced control centers, including CPU temperature monitoring and voltages.
Because of this, the PC automatically shuts down in the event of a significant drop. These boards contain an I / O connector panel installed.
With these tools, you can easily transfer memory, allowing for less airflow and the introduction of essential components. Power management is also easy with the BIOS program.
The PC can be turned on using a modem or network signal because the motherboard controls the high mission transmission. Besides, the PC cannot be turned off while starting.
When the computer gets hard as it turns off, you can turn it off by holding the power button for 5 seconds. It is also not possible to incorrectly install the power connectors because the ATX 2.01 Motherboards have only one internal Molex gas.
What is the smallest ATX Case?
Micro ATX and Mini ATX and standard ATX boards are usually different when it comes to size. The following are the sizes.
ATX Standard: 12.0 x 9.6
Micro-ATX: 9.6 x 9.6
Mini-ITX: 6.7 x 6.7
The Micro ATX case, therefore, can fit into a smaller USB ATX board and a smaller ITX board, as the latter is shorter in all height and width than before.
However, these cases cannot fit into standard ATX boards because this is usually longer than before.
What is the size of the Micro ATX case?
The standard ATX motherboard measures 12 inches by 9.6, and one micro ATX measures 9.6 x 9.6 inches.
The micro and mini ATX support case will usually be smaller than those that support the standard motherboard.
It is also important to note that a larger case may support smaller boards, but it is not entirely true.
Testing the specifications of the Case is done to determine the size and precision to see if it supports the motherboard you want to install.
How worthy is the Micro ATX case?
Micro ATX dashboards are the best option. One should look for a standard ATX only if they need to install more than 4 PCIe Slots. Mini ATX boards are ideal for those of you who want a more compact PC.
Micro ATX boards average 9.6 by 9.6 inches, while the ITX mini measures 6.7 by 6.7 liters. In addition to the size difference, the smaller Micro ATX can support four RAM modules, but smaller ones can only support up to two.
For people dedicated to gaming, a larger motherboard may be needed since such MOBOs offer great upgrading options.
Depending on the type of PC you plan to build, the RAM you need, and the PCIe Slots needed, you should choose a motherboard that suits your needs. We would recommend sticking to Micro ATX boards for game players as they provide enough RAM and support enough PCIe environments to set up an ideal rig.