With the arrival of new cases such as Mini-ITX and Micro ATX, the stress over standardized cases has significantly been reduced.
The reason is quite simple since micro ATX cases bring portability into action. The recent advancements in the overall size of GPUs have made the cases being widely used, and since then it hasn’t stopped. That’s the reason why we will be shedding light on the best smallest Micro ATX cases.
There are two types of cases: the normal-day simple one, and another one that is aesthetically pleasing and vibrant. People usually go for the RGB and on-sleek design for compact Micro ATX cases. Whereas, a few of the people use simple computer cases because looks don’t matter for them. So, which one of them are you?
Follow these quick links to find the Best Smallest matx Case.
List of Best Smallest Micro-ATX Cases
Here are some of the best and the smallest Micro-ATX cases picked from the market that was trending and kept in mind to test them before listing them here.
Our team had a tough time finding them as they were pretty underrated. However, it was our good luck that we managed to come with the top products in the market.
|Best affordable Smallest micro ATX case||Steel, Plastic||Check on Amazon|
|Best Stylish Smallest micro ATX case||Steel||Check on Amazon|
|Best compact Smallest micro ATX case||Steel||Check on Amazon|
|Best Chassis Smallest Micro ATX case||SPCC||Check on Amazon|
|Best Valuable Smallest Micro ATX case||Glass||Check on Amazon|
|Best white micro Smallest ATX case||steel||Check on Amazon|
|Best value-added Smallest |
Micro ATX case
|Glass||Check on Amazon|
The Cooler Master MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00 has an I/O that can be easily adjusted in 6 locations and then the case can be positioned. It’s from a series that may be small in size but exceeds the performance, modularity, and thermal performance.
The combination of practical design and unique custom-made beauty makes the Q300L an excellent choice for office and home use.
|Dimensions||15.2 x 9.1 x 14.9 in|
The Cooler Master MCB-Q300L has the kind of body that can easily support the normal-sized ATX PSU. Also, it has the following prominent features mentioned below.
- The IO panel can be rotated in 6 different positions, and the Case can be positioned vertically.
- It has an Edge Acrylic Transparent Side Panel that offers a full interior look and transparency.
- Flip Magnetic Design Dust Filter with an open front, top, and bottom ventilation provides full power and reduces noise.
- It features extra space right behind the motherboard tray that helps really beautifully with hiding cables.
- Allows additional graphics card
- It looks amazing
- Installed LED fan
- Build it neat and compact
- Powerful and noiseless.
- Ports are loose and stop working after a while.
- Material quality is not good.
- The cooling procedure is not up to the mark.
If we talk about flexibility, this case has it without any doubt. To give you a brief, it has 6 different orientation I/O panels from the top, front, and bottom. In addition to that, it has 28mm extra space for hiding the cable management.
The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X RGB micro-ATX is a high-performance Micro-ATX case with three beautiful glass panels, lovely LL120 RGB fans, and an in-room interior clean look and clean design.
Extraordinary cooling power provides access to up to six cooling fans and a 240mm standard cooling radius. Simultaneously, the dual-chamber design allows you to position your computer.
With 32 RGB LEDs controlled by the CORSAIR software CUE, it’s easy to match your setup, create amazing lighting effects, and sync all your CORSAIR RGB lighting together.
|Dimensions||15.7 x 10.9 x 13.8 inches|
|Material||Steel, Tempered Glass|
It has the following prominent features.
- The main cooling power has access to six cool 120mm fans, or a radiator 240mm, a 240mm radiator in front, and a 240mm radiator underneath.
- It comes with 32 individually customizable LEDs, controlled by Lighting Node Pro digital RGB lighting controller and CORSAIR software to deliver color sync.
- It features three glass panels that let your system on a museum so everyone can have a look at the antique piece.
- The two-room layout highlights the main components of your PC. A 3,5 “docked storage compartment and three 2.5” keep your system clean without sacrificing storage capacity.
- It has an elegant design and gives a beautiful and stylish look.
- Cables are easily manageable and functional
- Easy and comfortable opening
- It released HD rays quickly
- Bottom slots are complicated and difficult to use
- No shielding under rays.
- Durability is not up to the mark.
- Installations are not clear.
It has Extraordinary cooling power, provides access to upto six cooling fans, and a 240mm standard cooling radius, while the dual-chamber design allows you to position your computer while displaying the drive, cables, and PSU away from the dedicated room.
Antec Minuet 350 micro ATX case is a nice desktop-mini case that features amazing performance and a remarkably svelte profile, ideal for program designers looking for a smaller chassis.
Its short foot base and bracket allow it to fit vertically or horizontally into tight spaces. With a high-performance 80mm TriCool fan that has 3-speed switches to control — solely aimed to achieve superior cooling. On top of that, it has an 80 PLUS certified 350 watt PSU that is backed with the Universal Input and a highly active PFC to significantly lower down your electrical bill.
|Dimensions||12.8 x 3.8 x 16.8 inches|
It is pretty slim, making it to be a mini-desktop case that has a beautiful piano black finish to give it a superior touch. Also, It has the following features:
- It has three drive bays for 5.25“ exterior, 3.5” exterior, and 3.5 “interior, and a flip-up drive for frontline birds.
- Features an 80 PLUS 350 watt PSU that has the ability to significantly reduce the electricity bill due to being backed with the Active PFC and the Universal Input
- Also, it is backed with an 80mm TriCool fan that works tremendously well with cooling
- The slim design makes it a mini-desktop case and the final touch is given with an eye-catching piano black finish.
- The right front ports have 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x SATA and 2 x audio jacks perfect for data input and output.
- Construction is durable.
- It has five expansion slots
- It has enough space for hard drives
- It can hold dual GPU
- Dual fans that come pre-installed
- Lack of dust filters
- Its expansion slots held in place rather precariously
- It has poor cable management
Since it is a mini-desktop case, it is in the category of being the best in performance and is ideal for program designers looking for a smaller chassis.
Thermaltake Core V21 SPCC Micro M-ATX is a cube-based mesh-designed case that offers a fast and reliable swap solution. It allows external modular upgrades for enthusiasts to create two systems.
Designed to be used to render a vertical or horizontal board on the motherboard, users can customize the chassis with an excellent viewing presentation.
The 200mm fan on the front panel ensures that the Core V21 delivers advanced cooling performance and enhances the reputation that the series air-cooling units are famous for. Confirmed to be a high-power system, the Core V21 also can absorb various enhancements to promote performance while transparent.
|Dimensions||16.7 x 12.6 x 13.2 inches|
Not only it comes with a flexible and stackable thermal solution but it comes with the sick chamber design concept… Also, it offers a fast and reliable swap solution.
- It has supported M-ATX and Mini ITX Factor Motherboards that are 6.7inch* 6.7inch (Mini ITX) and 9.6inch* 9.6inch (Micro ATX)
- Designed for use in a vertical or horizontal position on the motherboard
- Chamber Concept Design with a cable controller for Small Forms Design
- Thermal Adaptive Solution and Conditions. Surprising Stretch. Advanced Ventilation
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Mic Front Ports, Inner Bay: 3x 3.5 inches or 2.5 inches
- Includes 1x 200mm Front Fan Pre-Installed, Voluntary Cooling Available with three-year Warranty.
- It has access to the extra-long graphics card
- Its performance looks phenomenal
- It contains a pre-installed LED fan
- It has a sleek and compact build
- It becomes stop working after a while
- Loose ports
- Low-quality material
- Ventilation and cooling not perfect
To give an overview, it has two chambers — the upper one is solely made for cooling purposes while the second (lower) one is designed to hold the drive bays and the PSU. It also allows external modular upgrades for enthusiasts to create two systems and provide access to extra-long graphics.
NZXT H400i-MicroATX PC gaming case is one of the finest cases from the H-series. This premium micro-ATX case is backed with a unique CAM-powered Smart device that helps in digitally driving the RGB lighting and fan performance.
You can easily control the RGB lights and fans, while the Adaptive Noise Reduction enhances your build’s acoustics with machine learning and the right settings for fans. It also includes three Aer F fans integrated with two RGB RDCs to enhance your build’s beauty, as seen on the magnificent H400i glass pane.
|Dimensions||16.6 x 8.3 x 16.4 inches|
The H400i’s vision mirrors NZXT’s gaming case aimed at building a modern PC. It has the following prominent features:
- It has a premium quality all-metal design with the H Series design; achieved by four color combinations
- Smart devices built-in RGB and digital controller fan powered by CAM, streamline the HUE + and GRID + functionality and include two pre-installed fans and RGB LED strips for dynamic customization
- It provides a lighting Guarantee to improves cooling and noise measurement with the best gaming comfort
- Installation and expansion are simplified with pre-installed channels and straps, and its last page show off your Christmas light design
- Installation is easy for both AIO and our custom preparation, and it consists of three Aer F120mm fans for good airflow and Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX.
- It has a durable construction
- Consist of five expansion slots
- It has accessible space for hard drives
- It can hold dual GPU for better performance
- It consists of two fans for ventilation
- Poor cable management
- Customer reviews are not good
The NZXT H400i lets you showcase your aesthetics with its full tempered glass panel that is crisp clear to look at but also adds a huge value to your artistic approach. On the other hand, it helps in better cable management with its pre-installed straps…
Corsair CC-9011048-WW computer case has a unique design. It uses both rooms to deliver cool air to your CPU, graphics cards, motherboard, and memory without any drive or power supply.
It is backed with three AF140L Air Series fans that provide better cooling at lower noise levels than the standard local fans. You can also mount up to six 120mm or five fans, with 280mm radiator support and a 360mm radiator room on the front panel.
|Dimensions||16.3 x 13.1 x 18 inches|
The first and the foremost feature that I would like to highlight is that it has a decent amount of room for expansion for better liquid and air cooling, and…
- It has the two-room Direct-Air Direct Path design
- The clean, space-saving design still offers interior volume
- Includes three High-Performance Air Series AF140L fans for better, more cool fans
- Tons of room for expansion of upper air cooling and liquid cooling
- It has outstanding cooling fans
- It has quieter operation
- Ideal for advance air and water cooling
- Proved best for builders
- It cannot install high CPU coolers
- It has a large width that will be difficult to manage in some small spaces
- It has no external drive slots
- Its space limited for two GPUs and two coolers
The best part about this ATX case is that it has the best direct airflow path that is specially designed to provide maximum cooling. Unlike other typical cases that don’t, normally, give you the opportunity to add up more components in it later on, but this one is designed, keeping in mind that it should be space-spacing…
Dark flash micro ATX computer case offers users the option of getting liquid or Air-cooled while supporting the main Hardware.
It is built to withstand travel difficulties with its 1.2 mm steel frame, and the warm glass will be powerful to scan, making it a perfect LAN rig.
|Dimensions||14.8 x 8.2 x 15.9 inches|
|Style||Micro ATX / Mini-ITX|
To begin with, the Dark flash Micro-atx is backed with a top-of-the-line light effect alongside an overall tempered glass that makes the inner view of the case pretty broad and it has the following prominent features.
- For the opening from the panel’s side with magnetic design, easy to roll, and use the tool for free.
- The thick black glass shows the effect of light in the form of a low profile. Meanwhile, the perfect glass design makes the interior look of the chassis wide.
- It has a high-quality composition with 0.6mm SPCC painted to create a metallic design with impressive beauty.
- It can install 120mm*2 / 140mm*2 air coolers and 240mm of water cooler as well — providing a variety of options for users.
- Easy to disassemble and tool-free.
- The low poly design makes its vision enjoyable.
- Excellent effect of light
- Durable and high-quality structure.
- It has compatible water cooling.
- The Case is on the flimsy side
- CPU coolers Installing is difficult due to its design
- GPU alignment is not up to the mark.
To sum it up, it is engineered with high-quality materials that uplift its functionalities… Not only that but it has a door opening on the side as well which makes it a bit more attractive. Overall, it is a better option for people who are into minimal design.
What Factors to Consider when buying the Smallest matx case?
Before you buy any Micro ATX case for your computer, there are a couple of features to keep in mind to save yourself from destruction… and get the best of the best as the market is already flooded with a variety of cases.
- Space for Components: If you have a small desk or several monitors, perhaps consider a simple option, then you can go for a small Micro ATX case. However, when you have enough space, then go for the large computer cases for the headroom for future updates. So before purchasing, you must make a list of all the products you want to install on your computer system — in this way, you can select the best one. The fan must be 80 mm to 120 mm in size so you can get the maximum performance.
- Air Flow: The airflow system is an essential part of the computer case. However, some of the cases have an unreliable airflow system that may cause heat-up issues. Remember to pick the Case with the best airflow and support more fans and radiators for the smooth working of gameplay. It is important to avoid the risk of overheating that may damage the other components of your computer. The Micro ATX Case must include two fans, at least from which one fan must be on the back of the housing to remove the heated air from the surroundings.
- Durability: When buying a Micro ATX case, the factor of durability is most important, so it must be kept in mind during the buying process. Quality should be your priority, don’t fall for traps by saving a couple of bucks. All aluminum and iron cases are excellent in durability. Therefore, the Case must be sturdy enough to prevent shock. The metal cases are best for use as they last longer as compared to others.
- Noise: Those PCs with dust filters, cooling options, and well management of cables reduce noise and work calmly. However, the airflow is more important for the proper working of the system. The use of more fans to make the system cool can cause more noise. In this situation, do not compromise with the cooling system and airflow to reduce the noise.
- Design and Customization: While purchasing a Micro ATX case, the first thing to consider is the Case’s design and how it is customized. The aesthetic designs of micro ATX cases are attractive, and everyone wishes to have the best one in hand. However, this is critical, and you have to know the details of the material before getting the good-looking Case. It is recommended that you must not buy a tempered glass case because it requires extra effort to hide the cables.
- RGB Lighting: The other attractive feature for gamers is the RGB lighting that allows them to customize the lights according to their mood. Therefore, you must go for the one that perfectly suits your personality.
- Cooling Option: Most of the cases have a weak airflow system that makes it have heating issues when the system is under pressure. Remember to choose the Case with the best airflow, and you can support the most fans and radiators for a smooth gaming experience. A case with better airflow makes your system cool even if it’s under pressure, hence, you get smooth performance no matter what.
- Budget: The price varies depending on the case and the brand. But it is always recommended to spend a bit more to get the best one in the market as you wouldn’t want something that is affordable but doesn’t last longer or has problems. However, the ones that we have listed above, don’t have this problem…
Features of Best Micro ATX Case
Micro ATX motherboards have gained popularity among gamers and professionals due to the following features.
- Arrangement of Cables: In one way or the other, the cable arrangement matters a lot — the mess makes your life messy, makes it necessary for one to do something about it later on… There could be short-circuited problems so the cables need to be easily manageable. In this regard, the Velcro and twist ties serve you in a better way.
- Removable Disk Filter: Micro ATX motherboards have a removable disk filter, which makes it easy to maintain. If you want to keep your computer clean and free of dust — a case with this option should be your target. Your computer case must remove the debris and dust efficiently and effectively without affecting the other components.
- Optional Drivers: Most of the micro ATX cases are not built to support all the optional drivers, and they cannot work properly in this regard.
- Drive Bays: Drive bays are the options for you to build and install your custom parts, such as temperature readouts, controllers, and hard drivers. Therefore, you must keep in mind that you are purchasing the right size components for your computer. The components’ size can be varied from 2.5 inches to 5.25 inches which are considered standard sizes.
- Motherboard tray: When purchasing a Micro ATX case for your computer, you must look for a motherboard tray’s details because it is the most critical part of the Case. The motherboard tray contains all the central components of your computer to provide quality performance.
- PSU Space: Since there are hundreds of PSUs out there, you need to ensure that the type of PSU you are getting for your gaming system is not vulnerable to voltage fluctuations. On top of that, Micro ATX cases only fit in specific dimensions. So, it’s always better to look for a PSU that fits your Micro ATX case well.
- Form Factor: Form factors have three types: full, mid, and mini-tower options that best suit ATX boards. In this way, you can decide about the size of the Case for your computer and the motherboard that can easily fit in it. In addition to these, there are several Tower Cases, SFF, and Small Form-factor cases available in the market.
- GPU Space: Your Micro ATX case must have a space that is enough to fix the graphic card in it because some graphic cards are large and require a lot of space. Therefore, you must choose a Micro ATX case that is a bit larger in size.
- CPU Cooler: The type of CPU cooler greatly affects the working of your computer. So, the Micro ATX case must have space for putting a CPU Cooler so that you can keep your computer cool and healthy. The quality of the cooling system can greatly affect your computer’s working efficiency and make it stable to perform well.
- PC Ports Case: Although the necessity of expansion arises from the motherboard, some cases offer different port expansions, for example, USB 3.1 Type C. These ports are just for enhanced compatibility, so it’s always better to look for the Case which offers such value-added features.
Our team had a hard time finding the best micro-atx cases and did in-depth research… The list has been pitched in considering all the nuances that go into a gaming setup. I hope the article was viable and approachable in every direction.
If you’re still confused, I would recommend getting MasterBox Q300L as it has all of the necessary features that make it an ideal micro-atx case.
Not to mention, the smallest and the best Micro ATX cases available in the market are different from others due to their distinctive qualities. Therefore, keep in mind all the essential features to avoid any inconvenience. By considering all your requirements, we have collected the eight smallest ATX Cases that are best and most suitable for having a powerful gaming system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before purchasing Micro ATX cases, the customers confront numerous questions rising in their mind. Some of the questions are answered below.
What is ATX and what is its purpose?
ATX is an Advanced Technology that specifies the configuration and size of motherboards developed by the infamous Intel.
The ATX motherboard has several advantages over other models. For example, they include advanced control centers, including CPU temperature monitoring and voltages.
Because of this, the PC automatically shuts down in the event of a significant drop. These boards contain an I / O connector panel installed.
With these tools, you can easily transfer memory, allowing for less airflow and the introduction of essential components. Power management is also easy with the BIOS program.
Which one is the smallest ATX Case?
Micro ATX and Mini ATX and standard ATX boards are usually different when it comes to size. The following are the sizes:
ATX Standard: 12.0 x 9.6
Micro-ATX: 9.6 x 9.6
Mini-ITX: 6.7 x 6.7
How worthy is the Micro ATX case?
Micro ATX dashboards are the best option. One should look for a standard ATX only if they need to install more than 4 PCIe Slots.
Micro ATX boards have an average size of 9.6 by 9.6 inches. In addition to the size difference, the Micro ATX can support four RAM modules, but smaller ones can only support up to two.
Depending on the type of PC you plan to build, the RAM you need, and the PCIe Slots needed, you should choose a motherboard that caters perfectly to the needs. We would recommend gamers to stick to Micro ATX boards as it has the ideal number of slots for RAM and supports the ideal PCIe environments.