Before the havoc caused by AMD, Intel used to be one of the best brands to date due to the single-core performance pitched in by their processors. But something happened recently after AMD released their new lineage, which we won’t be talking about in this article. Still, Intel hasn’t lost its footings yet, and it’s trying its best to propel further in terms of performance garnering and maneuvering. Well, we will be shedding light on the best motherboard for i7 10700K, which is a 10th generation processor with the “K” variant. The “K” here stands for “overclockable,” which means, with this processor, you can push the threshold to something phenomenal in terms of frequency power.
I mean, sure, the processor is just breath-taking, but you need something to slot it on. And that’s why it’s time to turn our gaze toward the best MOBOs for i7-10700K. So, without any further ado, let’s begin!
Prime 9 Best Motherboards for i7 10700K
Why should you buy the ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex?
Having a processor from the 10th generation means that you need to be careful when selecting a motherboard. This is why I have chosen something tremendously wonderful. Yes, you got me right! It’s ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex which focuses on branding you and different users alike—well, branding in a sense that after using the ASUS, you won’t be buying a motherboard from any other brand. This is how special this entry is in terms of performance and sequencing.
- First things first, the motherboard is capable of running all the generation processors, inclusive of the 10th.
- Apart from this, you get hold of 16 power stage connectors and up to 2 DIMMs for RAM sticks. Unfortunately, you can use up to only 64 gigs of RAM due to the restriction imposed by the motherboard itself.
- Not to mention, the motherboard slips in 3 x M.2 sockets, Multi-GPU SLI/CFX support (2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 4 slot, and 1 x PCIe 3.0 x 1 slot) and PROCOOL II power connectors.
- For what it’s worth, the ASUS ROG Maximus XII Apex also ensures that the users have no issue regarding the cooling system; hence you get hold of integrated I/O cover, VRM heatsinks, Crossover M.2 heatsink, ROG Water cooling zone, Multiple 4-pin PWM fan headers, and ROG DIMM.2 with M. heatsinks.
- Moreover, the motherboard also ensures that the users get to bask under the influence of RGB lighting with the help of I/O Zone AURA lighting. It’s worth noticing that you also get hold of 2 RGB headers and PCH Zone aura lighting.
- Furthermore, the motherboard also upholds the concept of enhanced connectivity by simply pitching in 8 x SATA 6GB/s port, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen port, 5 x USB 3.2 Gen1 ports, and a thunderbolt header.
Why should you buy the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite AC?
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite AC is a motherboard that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Yes, you heard me right. It’s one of the budget-friendliest motherboards out there for the Intel Core i7-10700K. So, stay tuned!
- The motherboard supports all types of processors, including the old ones as well.
- For what it’s worth, the motherboard has a dual-channel Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs slots which are perfect for those who are looking forward to increasing the number of RAMs on their MOBO.
- Apart from this, the motherboard also pitches in 12+1 phases digital VRM for voltage regulation. It’s a must-have feature if you live in a place with electricity anomalies.
- Moreover, the motherboard also slips in a shielded memory routing algorithm, an advanced thermal design, and onboard Intel dual-band 802.11ac WIFI.
- Furthermore, for enhanced connectivity, you get hold of Fast 2.5GbE LAN with bandwidth management, dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 3.0 x 4 M.2, RGB Fusion 2.0, and Smart FAN 5 function for temperature monitoring.
- Last but not least, you also get hold of Q-Flash Plus update BIOS and pre-installed IO Shield for safety.
Why should you buy the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme?
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme is an amazing entry that brings in all the required premium features. If you are into having WIFI options, M.2 ports, and a lot of other high-end implemented features, then this is a go-to motherboard for you. For what It’s worth, it’s not even extremely expensive. You know, just lying in the middle of the spectrum.
- To begin with, the motherboard is best used with the 10th generation entities due to its highly progressive nature.
- It’s sufficient to say that the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme is one of the best few motherboards that carry a 16+1 phase VRM solution. It’s because of the inherent nature of the motherboard to push the limits.
- For what it’s worth, with this motherboard, you can get hold of the support of Intel Optane Memory, SMT DIMMs, and thermal Armor for safeguarding components temperature anomalies.
- It’s worth mentioning that the motherboard also slips in Intel Thunderbolt 3, exclusive essential USB DAC, and an onboard Intel WIFI 6 as value-added features.
- Apart from this, the MOBO also ensures that the users get to bask under the intensity of RGB Fusion 2.0. Yes, now you can easily get RGB with this motherboard! What else does one want?
- Moreover, the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme grants the users with the triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 3.0 x 4 M.2 with thermal guards II.
- Furthermore, if you are into USB turbocharging, then there’s no better choice than this motherboard.
Why should you buy the MSI MEG Z490I Unify?
Mini-ITX motherboards are becoming a norm now due to their extreme functionality on such a small size. If you have an ITX case and are looking forward to using an ITX setup, then this motherboard is just for you. For what it’s worth, the motherboard curtails all the required features of high-end gaming, which means you don’t have to worry about missing major features like RGB or M.2 support.
- The motherboard is equipped with a 10-layer PCB design and M.2 shield Frozr. Well, the reason it brings in heatsinks is the fact that users usually overclock their components. If you are planning to do so, then the heatsinks will come in handy.
- Apart from this, the motherboard supports all types of processors, including the latest generation (10th); hence you are in safe hands.
- It’s worth mentioning that the MSI MEG Z490I Unify also brings in PCIe 4.0 support with dedicated heatsinks for it. This definitely means you don’t have to worry about temperature anomalies anymore.
- Moreover, the motherboard has implemented a heat-pipe design and an efficient module known as thunderbolt 3. These are value-added features for those who want to have a seamless gaming experience.
- Furthermore, the motherboard also slips in 2.5G LAN, Audio module, USB LAN manager, and WIFI-6 for the users. All in all, it’s a withstanding motherboard!
Why should you buy ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming WIFI?
Like the previous entry, the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G upholds the notion of portability; hence is known as the best micro-ATX motherboard for i7-10700K. Basically, with this motherboard, you get hold of all the much-needed features at a decent cost. Not to mention, the micro-ATX MOBO harbors all 4 DIMMs, which means you don’t have to worry about low RAM performance!
- To begin with, the motherboard ensures that all ends are met by supporting all types of processors.
- It’s worth mentioning that with this motherboard, you get hold of ROG patented pre-mounted I/O shield that contains DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 1.4 coupled with a BIOS flash button.
- Apart from this, the users get hold of WIFI support which is a much-needed requirement for competitive gaming.
- It just doesn’t stop here; you also get hold of DDR4 4600MHz RAM possibility, which is more than enough to skyrocket the in-game performance.
- Moreover, the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming WIFI also slips in multi-GPU support if you are into playing games at maxed-out settings. Not to mention, this scenario can be put to use if you are a game developer/animator.
- Furthermore, the motherboard also ensures that the users get hold of all the required value-added features like optical S/PDIF out, gold-plated audio jack, SupremeFX S1220A codec, and 2 x M.2 socket 3.
- On top of that, the motherboard is incorporated with sonic studio III and sonic studio virtual remixer for those who are into creating music.
Why should you buy MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI?
The majority of the products belong to the ATX form factor, and that is why I decided to pitch in such an entry that surpasses all of them, except the premium and overall entries. To begin with, the MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI is a wonderful product that entails all the required features for high-end gaming. To be honest, the reviews for this product are overwhelmingly positive.
- The motherboard comes with a core boost technology which is nothing but an 8+4 pin connector. It is designed in a way that focuses more on latent performance.
- Apart from this, the motherboard slips in DDR4 RAM support. Well, the surprising thing is that you can easily upgrade your RAM up to 128 gigs without any issues.
- Not to mention, the MSI MPG Z490 gaming edge WIFI is equipped with PCI-E steel armor and a lot of differently punctuated heatsinks. This is done so to ensure the safety of the motherboard from temperature anomalies.
- Moreover, you also get hold of M.2 shield Frozr, twin-turbo M.2 connectors, and Fan support as value-added features.
- Furthermore, the motherboard makes sure that the user gets to bask under the influence of RGB lightning. Yes, now you can easily shower your PC with a potpourri of mesmerizing colors.
- Last but not least, if you are into in-built WIFIs, then this motherboard has got you covered. Yes, the MOBO offers Intel WIFI 6 and 2.5G Network solution for those who are into competitive gaming.
Why should you buy Z490-E ROG Strix gaming?
I’ll be honest here! To me, ASUS motherboards mean a lot because from time immemorial, they have been doing so well in terms of performance-shuffling and durability. If you want your system to survive for a good deal of time, I would definitely recommend you all to have a look at the ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix gaming. Totally worth it!
- To begin with, the motherboard offers ROG patented pre-mounted I/O Shield, which is a must for enthusiasts. In this patented I/O shield, you get hold of DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 1.4, and a BIOS flashback button.
- Apart from this, the ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix gaming slips in Intel 1225-V gigabit LAN that has two modules. One, the ROG game first VI, and the other Anti-surge LANGuard.
- It’s worth noticing that the users can now easily use USB Type-A and Type-C with this beast of a motherboard. Yes, you got me right! You get hold of 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports and an Intel WIFI 6 AX201 port for slotting in high-end WIFIs on your MOBO.
- Not to mention, the motherboard also offers multi-GPU support which means it’s a go-to motherboard for those who are into game development and animation.
- It just doesn’t stop here! The motherboard also ensures that the users get to bask under the vibrancy of RGB and a crystal-clear sound module.
- Moreover, the motherboard is also laid out with heatsinks, and a cooling solution, so the temperatures remain at bay. It’s obvious that you would be overclocking on this motherboard, so it’s a much-needed requirement.
Why should you buy MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE?
Well, the MSI MEG Z490 GODLIKE is a top-tier motherboard that curtails all the required features for high-end gaming. Not to mention, this is the same motherboard with another title, “Flagship.” In layman’s terms, flagship motherboards are known as the best of all the entries to date from that specific lineage. So, if you compare it with any other MSI motherboard, this one will shine bright!
- First things first, the motherboard is equipped with an enhanced cooling solution, which is a necessity when overclocking is concerned.
- Apart from this, the motherboard offers withstanding heatsink support. Well, this was crucial because you need something to reduce the ambient temperature.
- Do you know what’s surprising? The motherboard slips in PCIe armor, M.2 shield, and heat-pipe design for the users. It just doesn’t stop here. The users also get hold of DDR4 steel armor which protects your RAM modules from shock waves and temperature anomalies.
- It’s worth mentioning that the motherboard also offers an 8-layer PCB and chest plate as value-added features.
- Moreover, if you are into RGB, then this motherboard has you covered. Yes, your gaming PC now can have all the lights it has ever dreamt of.
- Furthermore, the motherboard also ensures high-end connectivity with the help of the latest USB Gen types.
Why should you buy ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA?
The last product on our list of Best motherboards for i7 10700K is the ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA, which is a perfect entry for those looking forward to having many value-added features. Well, these features include WIFI support, M.2 ports, latest Generation USB ports, and efficient heat-pipe designs.
- First things first, the motherboard has a form factor of ATX, which means you have to find a casing that correlates to the very form factor of the MOBO.
- Apart from this, the ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA easily supports every type of processor, including the 10th generation entities.
- Not to mention, the motherboard has an enhanced power solution of 12+2 DrMOS which is crucial for regulating the voltage spikes. This is coupled with 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, and alloy chokes to safeguard your system from temperature anomalies.
- For what it’s worth, the ASUS Prime Z490-A pitches in a substantially new module known as AI overclocking. This automates the whole overclocking process and makes your system efficient and fast.
- It’s worth mentioning that the motherboard is also equipped with 5-way optimization and a comprehensive cooling solution for those who are into extreme overclocking. This will ensure that the MOBO functions all fine under 100% stress.
This brings the article to a close. If you have any doubts regarding the motherboard selection criterion, please let me know in the comment session. I will be much obliged to help you out! Apart from this, I would recommend rooting for the ASUS motherboards because, at the end of the day, they are known for having beautiful customer support and functionality. Happy gaming!
How to choose the top motherboard for Intel Core i7-10700K?
You can rely on the Z490 chipset, which is one of the latest chipsets for Intel Core processors. But here’s the catch. Even with this chipset, you get so many variants from MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, ASRock, and the list goes on. This is where you have to exercise shrewdness because you won’t be buying the motherboard again and again unless you plan to upgrade to a better chipset, which won’t happen any time soon. Thus, I would recommend you to look out for ASUS and MSI entries.
Are you not planning on overclocking the i7-10700K?
It’s okay if you don’t intend to overclock the processor. It’s not mandatory, so yeah, it’s completely understandable. But I would always advise the users of this processor to surely overclock because there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s better to have 100% performance if your processor is capable of doing so!