Are you looking for an ultrawide monitor to increase the capacity to accomplish more tasks? Or are you looking to enhance your gaming experience? Or you are looking to apply cutting-edge graphics tools to your photos and videos for processing?
Whatever the reason for you to be looking at an ultrawide monitor, there are several advantages of going for one. It presents more horizontal space makes for an immersive experience, be it gaming watching videos.
There are plenty of ultrawide monitors available in the market with varying degrees of functionality and, more importantly, pricing. To be able to afford the best budget ultrawide monitors in 2021, we have prepared this guide that will list down the best options for you.
Moreover, the guide will briefly discuss the different variants, their highlight specs, and the latest features they offer. It will also enable you to distinguish between certain key characteristics such as aspect ratio, refresh rate, and so on.
Knowledge of all these features and terminologies will help you in the selection of the best budget widescreen monitor suited for your specific needs.
Follow these quick links to find the Best Budget UltraWide Monitors.
List of Best Budget UltraWide Monitors
10 Best Cheap Ultrawide Monitor in 2021
When you are out there looking for the best monitor for your system, you have particular objectives in mind. These may include a high refresh rate, wider screens, higher resolution, 4K capabilities, and so on. However, sometimes the most crucial aspect of buying something remains the commercial aspect.
More importantly, are you willing to pay big bucks for a particular device? Well, for people on a shoestring budget who still want to acquire a top-quality product, here are the 10 best budget ultrawide monitors that will deliver performance and value for your dollars.
An actual bargain
- Ultrawide monitor at a reasonable cost
- Featuring IPS panel with sRGB gamut
- The pixel density of 96 PPI
- Lag-free gaming experience
- Screen split option for multitasking
- Improved visibility for darker games through the black stabilizer
- Two MaxxAudio built-in speakers
The new LG 29WK600 offers world-class gaming and movie-watching experience. With its 21:9 UltraWide Full HD resolution, you get 33% more screen space when compared with a full HD resolution display. You can now take your movie or gaming nights to an entirely new level with a more extensive viewing material that comes with premium-quality graphics. The screen split feature lets you efficiently work on different worksheets or tabs simultaneously by dividing the screen into two equal sections—no more constant tapping on Alt+tab.
The IPS panel with an sRGB color gamut ensures a consistent color vibrancy that goes well with budding photographers and designers. A few more specs are:
1,000:1 static contrast ratio, a 300-nit peak brightness, and wide 178° viewing angles.
A graphics card by NVIDIA or AMD will let you have the one-of-a-kind gaming experience without any stuttering or lagging with its AMD FreeSync variable refresh rate (VRR) technology.
When it comes to connectivity and design, this monitor stands out. It comes with a tilt-only design; however, it is VESA mount compatible (100 x 100mm). It has 2 HDMI 2.0 ports, one display port 1.2, a headphone jack, and 2 MaxxAudio built-in speakers.
Superior specs at an affordable price
- A monitor with an ultra-high refresh rate and wide display
- High contrast ratio of 3,000:1
- Intensely vivid and vibrant color grading
- Rapid 200Hz refresh rate for an immersive gaming experience
- Curved screen design for added depth
- AMD FreeSync up to 200Hz
A 30’’ curved gaming monitor is the rightest kind of fit for a highly exuberant gaming experience. This monitor is equipped with a refresh rate of up to 200Hz that provides the gamers with enhanced visibility where frames transition at a rapid pace, without leaving any blurred graphics. Enjoy a smooth on-the-spot movement with no stuttering or lagging.
Blue Light Shift is a technology that is responsible for protecting your eyes from irritation, fatigue, and puffiness that can occur due to longer sittings in front of a monitor. Fortunately, Sceptre C305B-200UN comes with this technology to safeguard your eye health. This way, you can watch your favorite movies, have game all-nighters, and work on presentations for as much time as you want without getting strain on your eyes.
The sophisticated design pattern of this monitor is worth every penny. The back cover of the monitor has laminated LED lights, which give it a uniquely exquisite touch. Then, it has built-in speakers that are a perfect fit for all your conferences and meetings, even games, since there will never be a need for an external sound system. Picture in picture, and picture by picture, are the two options available in this monitor for seamless multitasking.
- 29-inch ultrawide full HD 2560 x 1080
- Professional color grading with IPS display
- On-screen control 2.0
- Two HDMI 1.4 ports. USB Type-C ALT mode
- Eye protection enabled with reader mode and LG flicker safe
LG is a name known to everyone when it comes to top-of-the-line electrical appliances and gadgets. Their premium quality goes unmatched, and so, the LG 29UM59-A monitor presents quality in itself. It serves as the right choice for all those gaming fanatics who want to experience real-time gameplay without any stutters and lags. Be it any angle; the image quality will always be crisp and immersive on this monitor.
No more hitting the buttons on the monitor continuously for settings, the on-screen control lets you access the essential monitor settings through the mouse. Whether you want to increase/decrease the volume, open up the menu, set screen brightness, or activate the split-screen, all can be done with a few mouse clicks.
The split-screen feature allows you to pick any option from the 14 choices available for displaying multiple windows, with four picture-in-picture choices. Moreover, the reader mode is there to help you lessen the pressure on your eyes when you have to spend long hours in front of the screen. By enabling this feature, you will not only do your eyes a favor but also enhance your reading experience.
The affordable curved gaming monitor
- Curved gaming monitor with a 30 inch 21:9 ratio and full HD resolution
- A refresh rate of up to 85Hz for DP
- Blue light shift to reduce the pressure on the eyes and protect from fatigue
- FPS-RTS FPS and RTS for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS (First Person Shooter), RTS (Real-Time Strategy)
- 10° backward and 3° forward tilting display
- 1ms MPRT for an accurate pixel response time from the LED
The Sceptre C305W-2560UN ultrawide curved monitor is a one-of-its-kind screen that boosts the overall watching experience. It is perfect for those movie nights where you have a broad viewing audience. It conveniently immerses everyone’s attention with its 30-inch display that resembles the human eye. The edgeless design is another incredible feature of this monitor, as you will be entirely captivated by the astounding scenery presented to you on screen. The beautiful graphics offered by a 1080P resolution and 85Hz refresh rate have to be the most immersive advantage of this monitor.
Gaming at a fast and steady pace is no longer a problem when the Moving Picture Response Time is 1ms. It is destined to provide you with superior quality accuracy and clarity while playing games with no breaks and holdups.
Multi ports, each for connecting the best of gaming peripherals, at 85 Hz refresh rate will let you have the best-unified gameplay of all times. Moreover, the tilting display would help you find the right spot that goes just perfect for your comfortable viewing.
A treat for gamers
- 100Hz refresh rate
- 4ms overdrive response rate
- AMD FreeSync supported
- Compatible with a diverse set of devices
- Three-year warranty
The Viotek GNV34CB model is the panacea for gamers as it delivers an unmatched gaming experience and that too at a mighty affordable price. Although its price tag is just above the 400 USD mark, its peanuts compared to its more illustrious neighbors.
The combination of specs such as the impressive refresh rate of 100Hz, cinema-quality color production, GamePlus feature to enhance gameplay make this ultrawide monitor a beast to handle all types of multimedia applications to run smoothly.
The Viotek monitor packs an impressive pixel density per inch of 110 and the highest resolution of 3440×1440 to give you the crispest multimedia experience. The pixel density more than makes for sharp and detailed imagery despite the size of the monitor.
With a contrast ratio of 3000:1, you can rest assured that the darks are extra dark and not interfering with the viewing pleasure of the user. Color reproduction is also decent with a 115%sRGB color gamut that ensures vibrant and authentic color schemes.
Coming to the features of the monitor, you get a picture in picture display, pre-calibrated picture pre-sets such as FPS, Movie, Game, Text, etc., and advanced adjustments of the picture.
The most prominent feature to peak a gamer’s interest is perhaps the FreeSync support that it offers. The AMD FeeSync is provided by the monitor at a variable refresh rate range of 48 to 100 Hz. However, using a custom resolution utility, it can be extended even to boast a range of 40 – 100 Hz.
The Viotek monitor has a standard design with thin bezels and a screen that can be mounted on stands other than stock ones. Connectivity also sees a standard approach with HDMI 2.0, DVI, a headphones jack, and the Display port 1.2, all the options available at your disposal.
Perhaps like all other devices, the Vioteck 34 inch monitor also has minor flaws. These include a stand with tilt-only abilities and the pixel response, which may lead to ghosting of moving objects. It can somewhat disturb your gaming experience; however, the picture quality more than compensates for it.
A great budget device for daily use
- An affordable and well-balanced monitor
- Supports AMD’s FreeSync feature
- Ultrawide display for an immersive experience, FHD 2560×1080 resolution
- 99% of sRGB coverage ensures most real color reproduction.
- Four screens split feature
The LG 25UM58 is an excellent device under the price bracket it stands. This price and the features that it comes with ensure maximum value for the user. It is one of the best affordable ultrawide monitor on the market, and if you are not an avid gamer who requires FreeSync compatibility, this is the device for you.
This LG monitor provides a crisp viewing experience along with excellent response time and vivid colors to boot. All these functionalities make it the best in the business for daily use.
Although the device is smaller compared to its counterparts, the small size enables it to pack more pixel density per inch. The pixel density is roughly around 111 pixels per inch with a resolution of 2560×1080 for the rich-in-details experience.
The accuracy and consistency of the color schema are assured through an sRGB color gamut of 99% and an 8-bit color screen that has a depth of 16.7 million colors. Moreover, the static contrast ratio of 1000:1 ensures a straightforward viewing experience accompanied by 250 nits of brightness. The brightness and contrast issue ensures there’s never a dull moment on the screen, which provides a well-lit experience.
The multimedia experience on the monitor is as smooth as any monitor with the native 21:9 aspect ratio providing the ammunition for an immersive feel to gaming as well as movies.
Input lags of 9ms allow the monitor to perform exceptionally during gameplays, and the response time speed of 5ms eliminates any hitches in displaying fast-moving objects.
With a refresh rate of 75Hz, flicker-free backlight, and low blue light filter enables comfortable viewing.
The monitor comes with certain features packed, such as the on-screen control feature allowing you to toggle on-screen display options along with split-screen functionality to improve multitasking.
Gaming enthusiasts can be happy about the Dynamic Action Sync, which limits input lag and a Black Stabilizer feature to improve visibility for darker games.
The connectivity options are limited; there is only HDMI 1.4 port with no audio jacks or speakers inbuilt.
bottom line is that for a price of under 200$, this is the best budget ultrawide monitor providing some serious quality images and reliable performance.
The best gaming monitor under $400
- Sleek design with 21:9 aspect ratio to boot
- HDR 10 with AMD FreeSync capabilities up to 75Hz
- VESA compatible
- Good for multitasking
- IPS display, slim bezels, and wide viewing angles
LG’s K650 ultrawide model establishes a pedigree of its own. It does this by giving you stunning visuals and power-packed features that utilize the latest innovations in the industry.
One of these innovations is the HDR10 standard that the monitor boasts and helps it produce quality images that are miles ahead of the previous generation of ultrawide monitors. HDR10 is the latest cutting-edge technology that produces blacker blacks and brighter whites for a rich and detailed viewing experience.
Ths HDR capability also enables the monitor to upgrade standard definition content to look like high definition. The 2560×1080 screen provides more room for multitasking activities, and the brilliant IPS panel with an equally good sRGB ratio provides the color punch the visuals on screen need.
The design and accessibility options are also laudable as the monitor has plenty of on-screen toggle options to manage monitor settings. The curved monitor base makes for an elegant design; the base can be adjusted to have a different tilt, height, and angle.
Billed as a budget device for gamers, the monitor still packs some serious features to quench the thirst of serious gamers. It does this by providing a 75Hz refresh rate, an upgrade on the 60Hz standard frequency, and a 5ms response time which eliminates ghosting.
With the K650 monitor, you also get to enjoy AMD’s FreeSync feature for a variable refresh rate in the 40-75Hz range. A compatible AMD or NVIDIA graphics card ought to do the trick as you enjoy gaming without tearing and stuttering at these frequencies.
The major downside to this monitor is its low resolution compared to a large screen, which makes it somewhat unsuitable for extensive office work. The HDR feature also lacks the depth needed to produce the best pictures, but then again, it is a device under 400 USD and is still a bargain.
- 2560×1080, Quad HD resolution
- ASUS Eye Care for reduced stress on eyes along with flicker-free feature
- Premium sound quality
- 178-degree viewing angle with an IPS display
- Great contrast ratio and greyscales
The ASUS Designo, as the name suggests, provides the best value a designer can get for an ultrawide monitor. The monitor seemed to be built for designers looking to take their system’s graphic abilities and display on this vivid screen.
The functional nature of the monitor to capture the designers’ imaginations makes it compromise on abilities to perform functions for gamers. These include FreeSync capabilities, which allow variable refresh rates.
The design of the monitor makes it an aesthetic addition to any workplace, especially for designers who look to improve them as a business. The sleek design with thin bezels and a matching frame with a silver base present a delightful color combination.
The connectivity options also tick the right boxes for the ASUS Designo with an impressive array of compatible ports. These include HDMI, DisplayPort, MHL, Dual-link DVI, and two audio connection ports to enhance the user experience and all-around performance. Band & Olufsen-powered speakers provide a dynamic range of sound, which is a rarity for such types of monitors.
With a pixel density of 163 pixels per inch and a Quad Hd resolution of 3840×2160, the ASUS Designo picks itself for generating stunning visuals and rich details. The high pixel density also allows for a better multitasking experience with the exquisite slim design adding to the grace of the monitor.
A whopping contrast ratio of 100,000,000:1 ensures high-quality performance and an sRGB gamut that surpasses even 100% offers the most realistic visuals at your disposal.
The only drawbacks to the device for avid gamers may be the low refresh rate and no FreeSync capabilities, but as the monitor is primarily designed keeping the graphic designers and multimedia users in mind; it performs splendidly according to its niche.
The best budget ultrawide monitor for all applications
- Durable, simple, and sturdy design
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- HDMI, USB-C port
- 75Hz refresh rate with FreeSync enabled
- Adjustable height of the stand
The LG 34UM69G is the true all-rounder of ultrawide monitors, and that too just a few bucks above USD 400. The feature-packed monitor makes sure to tick all the right boxes, whether it is for gamers or multimedia enthusiasts.
This sleek monitor has a razer-thin bezel of only 0.5 inches and a v-design stand that allows maximum stability to the massively built monitor. The monitor itself is quite huge, but the all-black design makes it suitable for all kinds of offices, workspaces, and even homes.
Apart from the aesthetics of the device, its performance also speaks for itself. Especially the FreeSync compatibility, which lets users experience fluid gameplay with no stuttering or tearing. Gameplay in RTS mode is also enhanced with an inbuilt Dynamic Action Sync feature.
A Black Stabilizer in the monitors enables the monitor to sense dark environments during projection and helps the monitor to adjust brightness accordingly. Also, gamers can benefit from a set of pre-set modes that can be toggled for your unique playing style.
Moreover, the anti-glare coating the monitor possesses maintains visually appealing images, and 1ms motion blur reduction allows gamers to enjoy their games.
Connectivity on this monitor is also full of caveats, apart from supporting the usual suspects such as HDMI and DisplayPort; it also has a USB-C port to make sure you get the best of this latest technology. Quick and easy installation with options to control settings remotely makes for a hassle-free experience.
The monitor is a genuinely budget device packed with all necessary features, but more devices have come up with better refresh rates, or sRGB calibrations, or pixel density. Nonetheless, the monitor still stands out as a perfect all-around device to have for your daily usage and, of course, gaming needs.
Slightly above budget but still worth the value
- Quad HD resolution of 2560×1440
- 1800R curved screen for better immersion
- High refresh rate – 144Hz
- AMD FreeSync support
- VESA compliant wall-mounting design
- 80,000,000:1 smart contrast ratio
Although we have tried to keep the list of monitors in this list under USD 400 or just above, this one is a slightly costlier device with extreme value, though. It is sometimes touted as the best ultrawide monitor below 500 USD, which is still quite affordable considering the prices of high-end monitors.
The AOC CQ32G1 provides a truly immersive environment for all users looking to enjoy multimedia and gaming. It achieves this feat by curved design, which wraps around to produce efficient immersion. Moreover, the Quad Hd resolution provides crisp quality of images on the screen.
Highly impressive 3000:1 static contrast ratio and a 119% sRGB gamut provide vivid blacks and the most authentic colors imaginable. The pixel density stands at an impressive 110 PPI, helping the monitor screen to cater to even more tasks at a time.
The VA panels are a tradeoff between the wide viewing angles of the IPS and the lesser ones of the TN panels. Response times can be more, but if you avoid fast-paced games, you can enjoy the best of this monitor screen.
An impressive feature on the AOC CQ321 includes the FreeSync capabilities up to 144Hz frequency, making it an exceptional device in this price range. HDR support, picture-in-picture display, and gaming pre-set round off the list of excellent features on the monitor.
Standard connectivity ports and sturdy design make the monitor a reliable companion for most users. The latest 3.0 USB port makes for speedy data connections for the overall spectacular monitor.
Things to consider before buying a best Ultrawide Monitor
There are plenty of things that need your attention before buying the best budget ultrawide monitor for your needs. Here is a list of those essential characteristics.
- Budget: Since the fundamental purpose of this guide is to ascertain devices that come under a specific budget, the choices become a bit limited. Devices with the latest technology and higher refresh rates and HDR technologies cost more. However, as we have mentioned in our picks, you can easily have the best value when you know what you’re buying the monitor for.
- Purpose of Usage: Although this may not be a significant point when you’re looking to buy something on a budget, you must make a priority list for the features that are necessary and the ones that can be lived without. For example, if you’re looking for a monitor for gaming needs, you must rely on a monitor with at least FreeSync or G-Sync capabilities. Then again, in the budget section, the FreeSync is the prudent option for you. Apart from this, you may want to look at the refresh rates and other features that may help you in the gameplay. Once you know which monitor has these features, you can select that one, and ignore features like USB-C ports or HDR10 compatibility and settle for the monitor which features related to your usage. Purposes also include using primarily for office work or some sort of graphic applications. These specific uses have their requirements; hence different monitors will cater to such needs.
- Aspect Ratio: The aspect ratio, in layman’s terms, is the ratio of the width and height of a display. This usually also means how wide the screen is, as square screens have an aspect ratio of 1:1. Moreover, a 16:9 screen means a widescreen monitor with plenty of width to it. 16:9 monitors have replaced the older popular versions, i.e., 4:3 monitors, which are still in vogue in some quarters. However, since innovations are taking place at a prevailing rate and the new thing in the market is the 21:9 ultrawide monitors. For this guide’s purpose, we have looked at screens that have this type of aspect ratio, as this is the screen ratio of the ultrawide monitors.
- Bigger is not always better: When buying an ultrawide monitor, it may seem that bigger monitors will have more screen space to offer and hence lead to more multitasking capabilities. However, this is not entirely true as the larger monitors may be more expensive as well as have lower pixel densities resulting in pixelated screens. Moreover, larger screens may have slightly higher lag times or screen tearing resulting in inferior gameplay. For these reasons, make sure the reasons you’re buying the monitor for and then choose the best according to the requirements.
- Refresh Rate: The rate at which the monitor refreshes the display per second is known as the refresh rate. Most monitors these days have a refresh rate of 60Hz, which is perfectly fine for daily use or office use with minimum fast-moving objects. However, when you’re buying an ultrawide monitor for gaming purposes, you must buy a monitor that has higher refresh rates to enhance your gaming experience. This enhanced experience is because of the smoothness of the screen with the high refresh rates.
- Resolution – 4K: 4K is the latest buzzword in the world of top-notch monitors as it provides the best visuals. This resolution is an absolute must if you’re buying larger size monitors as they require more pixel density. However, sometimes you may have to sacrifice the 4k capability if you are on a budget and want FreeSync, for example. Moreover, if you’re a graphic designer, a photographer, or just an everyday multimedia user, 4K should be up there with the top priorities to have in a monitor.
Is upgrading to ultrawide monitors worth it?
Yes. The newer and innovative ultrawide monitors possess higher refresh-rates and better technology. Moreover, they give more screen area for multitasking purposes.
Which are more expensive, FreeSync or G-Sync monitors?
G-Sync monitors are on the higher side monetarily.
What is the most important thing to look for when buying an ultrawide monitor on a budget?
Although there are several aspects to consider, the purpose for which the monitor shall be used takes priority when you’re on a budget.
Should you opt for an ultrawide monitor or use multiple monitors?
Again, this question is dependent on your usage. Some users require the flexibility that multiple screens provide; some may find it cumbersome to set up and for the ultrawide option.
Also Read Related Articles: