Until B450, everything was as calm as a still sea. But then, AMD decided to release a game-changer that turned everything upside down. It was the release of the B550 chipset. The only thing that pulled the potential users was the chipset’s capability to propose PCIe 4.0. We all are aware that PCIe 4.0 is a much-needed requirement for today’s standards, especially if you are into competitive games like Warzone or Apex legends.
Not to mention, the price point was itself a pulling factor because, considering the current X570 motherboards (that are known for offering a lot of PCIe 4.0 slots), they are expensive as hell. Just because AMD decided to pitch in something out of this world (momentarily), it turned out to be the Achilles heels of many, and it was devastating. I’m going to overlook the conundrums that the chipset itself entailed previously for the sake of this article.
Now it’s time to turn our gazes to the selection process of the best B550 motherboards that you can get in 2021 for your gaming PC. So, without any further ado, let’s begin the guide!
List of 10 Best B550 Motherboards in 2022
|Best Versatile B550 Motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best valuable B550 Motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best B550 motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600||Buy on Amazon |
|Best b550 motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700x||Buy on Amazon |
|Best performative B550 Motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best budget B550 motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best ASUS B550 motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best functional B550 Motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best ASROCK B550 motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
|Best day-to-day B550 Motherboard||Buy on Amazon |
Best Versatile B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming?
Do you know why this Motherboard is worth every shot? Because it offers all the features that you find in the X570 motherboard. On top of that, the same MOBO also brings in the support for PCIe 4.0 and 3rd generation Ryzen processors. To be honest, I’m spell bounded already!
- If you are planning to slot in a 3rd generation Ryzen processor or a threadripper, then simply go ahead because this wonderful MOBO can support any processor to date (inclusive of all previous generation entities as well).
- Not to mention, the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F gaming also pitches in ProCool Power connectors and 12+2 power stages (for VRM regulation) to the user.
- Apart from this, you also get hold of 4 DIMM slots on your MOBO, which means now you can easily slot up to 128 gigs of RAM (I know, it’s overkill, but still, you have an option. No one’s stopping you!).
- Moreover, you also get hold of 2 x M.2 sockets which is a must thing for today’s gaming. I believe you will be using these ports for high-end M.2 SSDs (inclusive of NVMe).
- If you are into extreme overclocking, then this Motherboard can be your partner in crime. Simply use the BIOS settings to overclock RAM, CPU, and GPU (preferably, third-party software like MSI burner).
- For networking, the Motherboard offers high-end WIFI support that you can make use of for competitive gaming.
Best Valuable B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy MSI MPG B550 gaming Carbon WIFI?
It goes without saying that the MSI motherboards are the epitome of perfection, and this product is no different. The MSI MPG B550 gaming Carbon WIFI is a motherboard targeted at gaming freaks, so if you are one of them, simply go ahead with this Motherboard as you won’t be disappointed.
- The MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon is a motherboard extensively based on AI algo, which means that the AI module itself will play the majority of the endurance game. You don’t really have to worry about temperature slingshotting out of nowhere; the MOBO will take care of it for you.
- Apart from this, the Motherboard is compatible with a variety of processors out there, including threadrippers. So, if you have a processor from the threadripper lineage, you can easily use it with this MOBO.
- Moreover, the MOBO comes with a comprehensive cooling and power system that will aid you in skyrocketing your gaming performance.
- Not to mention, the DDR4 boost is available at your disposal; all you have to do is simply tweak the settings in the BIOS, and you are good to go. It is the same place where you can overclock your components.
- The Motherboard comes with PCIe steel armor, M.2 Frozr shield, Digital PWM, and a 6-layer PCB as protection against temperature and voltage anomalies.
- You also get hold of a pump fan support with this Motherboard, combined with core boost technology. To be honest, it’s an unparalleled product that outshines many competitors.
Best B550 Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3600
Why should you buy the B550 Torpedo Gaming motherboard?
The motto of this Motherboard is “Conquer the battlefield.” I know it’s a cliché and an outdated analogy, but it suits so well. It’s due to the fact that this Motherboard is really something out of this world and perfect for Ryzen 5 3600. Yes, if you have the Ryzen 5 3600, then MSI MAG B550 Torpedo is what you should be going for.
- First things first, the Motherboard is known for supporting a plethora of processors, including the Ryzen 5 3600. Having said that, I remember that this processor is one of the budget-friendliest processors out there and works like a charm on this chipset.
- Not to mention, the Motherboard also slips in Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2 (10 Gbps) with a reversible Type-C connector. On top of that, you also get hold of extended heatsinks for reducing the temperature of your components.
- Apart from this, you get hold of PCIe 4.0 expansion slots, PCIe armor steel, Lightning Gen 4 solution, pump fan support as value-added features.
- The MOBO also features M.2 Shield Frozr and 2.5G LAN for competitive gaming for what it’s worth.
- Moreover, the MSI MAG B550 Torpedo also comes with a DDR4 boost which means now you can easily overclock your RAM sticks without any issues.
- Last but not least, you get to RGB with this Motherboard. It’s one of the crucial factors that gaming enthusiasts factor in before purchasing any motherboard.
Best b550 Motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700x
Why should you buy the MSI MEG B550 Unify-X Gaming motherboard?
Well, the MSI MEG B550 Unify-X transcends mundane boundaries and proposes exceptional features to the user. This is why we appreciate our readers buying off this Motherboard for the Ryzen 7 3700X, which is a threadripper. To be honest, you won’t be disappointed with the performance of this Motherboard.
- To begin with, the Motherboard is dedicated to extreme overclocking enthusiasts as the core idea behind the MOBO is to allow people to push their components’ maximum potential. So, what are you waiting for?
- Apart from this, the Motherboard offers quadruple M.2 connectors for enhanced connectivity. This includes the PCIe 4.0 extension as well.
- Moreover, you get hold of double-sided M.2 Shield Frozr, heat pipe design, and MOSFET baseplate as value-added entries.
- Not to mention, the Motherboard also slips in Direct 14+2 power with 90A power stage. This not only safeguards your Motherboard from voltage spikes (VRM) but also ensures longevity.
- For what it’s worth, the Motherboard also allows the user to have fun with WIFI 6, which is a must requirement for competitive gaming.
- Last but not least, the Motherboard offers an Aluminum cover with 7w/Mk thermal pad, which is a necessity to keep the temperatures at bay.
Best Performative B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Pro AC?
First things first, if you are looking forward to having maximized performance, then I would definitely recommend you to buy off this Motherboard at the earliest. Also, I’m aware that X570 has the upper hand over the B550 chipset; it’s still a wonderful motherboard for high-end gaming.
- The Motherboard supports all Ryzen processors (including threadripper as well).
- It also offers dual-channel ECC/Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 RAM support. Not to mention, you get hold of 4 DIMMs which means the RAM capacity can easily touch 128 gigs.
- Apart from this, the Motherboard also slips in 12+2 Phases Digital VRM solution (50A DrMOS), which is a crucial feature against voltage spikes.
- Moreover, you also get hold of advanced thermal design, direct touch heat pipe, and Fins-Array heatsink for purging out the soaring temperatures.
- It’s worth mentioning that the Motherboard also offers dual Ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 4 M.2 and AMP-UP Audio as value-added features to the users.
- On top of that, you also get hold of 2.5GbE LAN with bandwidth management and RGB Fusion 2.0 for showering your Motherboard with aesthetically pleasing colors.
- Last but not least, the Motherboard also offers Q-Flash Plus (BIOS update) and Smart Fan 5 features for temperature control.
Best Budget B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy GIGABYTE B550M DS3H?
The foremost reason rather focuses on the budget factor; hence this Motherboard won the award of being the budget-friendliest motherboards on the list of Best B550 Motherboards. If you are low on budget, then I would definitely suggest you go for this entry as it has everything that a gaming enthusiast looks for.
- To begin with, the Motherboard is supportive of all kinds of processors, including 2nd and 3rd generation entities. So yes, without upgrading to a newer MOBO, all you can do is simply BIOS flash this MOBO, and bingo; it’s done!
- Apart from this, the Motherboard offers 4 DIMMs of RAM (ECC/NON-ECC unbuffered) which means now you can slot up to 128 gigs of temporary memory.
- It’s worth mentioning that the Motherboard has a 5+3 phase Digital VRM (a must for voltage regulation) and brings in the support for Rear HDMI and DVI (no digital Port at the moment).
- Moreover, you also get hold of RGB Fusion 2.0 for decorating your PC with vibrant lights. In short, the Motherboard supports RGB lighting!
- Furthermore, you also get hold of the Smart FAN 5 feature and a plethora of PCIe 4.0/3.0 expansion ports for slotting in high-end components.
- Last but not least, the Motherboard also pitches in Anti-Sulfur Resistors design for longevity.
Best ASUS B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy ASUS ROG Strix B550-A AMD AM4?
I’m personally head over heels for ASUS entries, and it’s because of the features these motherboards entail. To be honest, ASUS ROG Strix B550-A AMD AM4 is an exceptional entity out there, and you should buy it as soon as possible if you are into having extra features.
- It goes without saying that the Motherboard supports a surfeit of entries, including the threadrippers as well.
- Apart from this, the Motherboard offers PCIe 4.0, dual M.2 ports, USB 3.2 Gen Type-C, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.2, and 2.5Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard as valuable features for high-end gaming.
- Not to mention, you also get a hold of a robust power solution combined with ProCool connectors. On top of that, there are punctuated high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors for longevity.
- It’s worth mentioning that the ASUS Rog Strix B550-A also pitches in the UEFI BIOS setup and ASUS AI Networking module for gaming builds.
- For what it’s worth, you also get hold of Pre-mounted I/O Shield, an option for BIOS flashback, and Q-LEDs for beeps.
- Last but not least, the Motherboard also slips in the AURA Sync RGB lighting, AURA RGB header, and a couple of addressable Gen2 RGB headers.
Best Functional B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS AMD AM4?
I’ll be honest with you here. The TUF series is highly recommended if you are into competitive gaming and also looking forward to using the same product for years. In short, ASUS TUF gaming B550-Plus is a motherboard that is extremely functional and will easily last for years to come.
- The ASUS TUF gaming B550-Plus is known for supporting a myriad of processors which means you are in safe hands even if you swap processors in the future.
- Not to mention, the Motherboard also offers 8+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for robustness and longevity.
- Apart from this, you also get hold of a comprehensive cooling solution, and this package includes VRM heatsink, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert 4 utility.
- Moreover, the MOBO slips in next-generation ports like PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A and Type-C, and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for competitive gaming.
- Furthermore, you also get hold of TUF LANGuard and turbo LAN technology for faster data transfer rates.
- Last but not least, the Motherboard pitches in an AI noise-canceling module that provides crystal clear sounds to the user.
Best ASROCK B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy ASRock B550 Steel Legend?
ASRock motherboards are premium in every way, and this is why there’s no need to neglect this entry. For the perks, you get hold of all the latest features, including PCIe 4.0, which means now you have elevated transfer speeds between components.
- This Motherboard is perfect for slotting in 3000, 4000, G-series, and 5000 series processors. Not to mention, this also includes threadrippers as well.
- Apart from this, the MOBO pitches in 14 power phase designs, Digi Power, and Dr. MOS as core features.
- For what it’s worth, you also get hold of 1 PCIe 4.0 x 16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x 16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, and 1 M.2 expansion port for enhanced connectivity.
- Moreover, the 7.1 CH HD Audio is there to provide users with exemplary sounds, so you can have a seamless gaming experience.
- It’s worth mentioning that the MOBO also slips in 6 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2, 2 USB 3.2 Gen2, 5 USB 3.2 Gen1 ports for connecting different hard drives and devices.
- To top it off, you also get hold of punctuated heatsinks and a variety of cooling solutions to purge out soaring temperatures. It’s a must requirement because you will be overclocking with this Motherboard.
- Last but not least, you also can RGB with this Motherboard which means now your system can be washed out with a potpourri of colors.
Best day-to-day B550 Motherboard
Why should you buy GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite?
If you are looking forward to having a day-to-day motherboard that’s rampantly used by everyone, then this is the entry you should go for. For figures, it’s one of the most used motherboards out there and has extremely positive reviews. Hence, you won’t be disappointed.
- To begin with, the Motherboard is extremely compatible with a range of processors. So, even if you have an older generation processor, it doesn’t matter. It will work out anyway on this MOBO.
- With this Motherboard, you also get hold of Dual Channel ECC/Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 4 DIMMs, which means now you can easily slot up to 128 gigs of RAM.
- Not to mention, the Motherboard also slips in 12+2 power phases for voltage regulation.
- Moreover, you get hold of Advanced thermal design, punctuated heatsinks, and a variety of ports for connectivity.
- Furthermore, the Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite also offers dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/ 3.0 x 4 M.2 as valuable features.
- Last but not least, you get hold of RGB Fusion 2.0, AMD-UP Audio module, and Smart Fan 5 features for temperature control. All of them in a single functional package. What else can one dream of? To add a cherry to the cake, the MOBO also enables future BIOS flashing possibilities if any new lineage processor lands into the market.
Well, this brings the article to a close. If you have any sort of queries or unresolved issues, then please feel free to let us know in the comment session. As for the credibility of the products, they have been tested against a surfeit of systems, so whatever we pitch into the users stands credible. For the recommendation, to be honest, you can literally choose any of the given motherboards. They are all sustainable and durable, and you can really rely on them for years to come. Happy shopping!
Is B550 future proof?
I would say no. Nothing is future-proof in the gaming industry because of its ever-evolving stance. Today, you might buy an SSD, and in a year or so, it might just turn out to be a deficit for so many reasons. This is exactly why you shouldn’t gamble so much money on a single entry (especially if it’s a motherboard) because, in the near future, you will be upgrading (I consider so) to a newer processor, and for that, BIOS flashing might not be sufficient enough to entail perfect outcomes.
What budget should you set for a B550 motherboard?
Budgeting is one of the crucial factors that go into the selection process, and it’s dynamic in the sense that your budget would always vary from one entry to another if you are brand-conscious. As far as purchasing a B550 motherboard is concerned, you can set a threshold of $200 maximum because anything above is superfluous. You really don’t need to be spending so much on a motherboard that will cease to exist in a couple of years from here on.
What things to consider before buying a B550 motherboard?
Before finalizing any entry, make sure that you keep these things in mind:
- Chipset compatibility
- Form Factor (Should twin with your case)
- Value-added features (WIFI and Bluetooth support)
- Price factor
- Overclocking capabilities
- Chances of survival
Hey, I’m Muhammad Bilal. I’m a tech fanatic (also read: Gamer), who loves scrutinizing fine details. I aim to strive hard in my respective fields (as a writer and software programmer). Before pursuing my majors in a university (right now in A-levels), I want to spend time exploring and reviewing the latest technology.