The advent of Zen 3 architecture has caused havoc in the market in the sense that many new motherboards are shape-shifting into something extraordinary. It’s only due to the high benchmark set by the predecessors, and that is exactly why today we will be bringing into the limelight the best AM4 motherboards to look out for in 2021. Precisely speaking, the new threadrippers, especially from the Zen 3 architecture, are unparalleled and require the best platform to function on. You can take the example of Ryzen 9 3950X or, Ryzen 5950X which are extremely efficient processors and do require a withstanding motherboard for pitching in all the necessities to the user.
To further elaborate on the topic, we will be looking out for, preferably, B550 or X570 chipset, which are the latest and best known to Zen 3 lineage. Not to mention, you can still use the B450 chipset, but I won’t recommend it for so many reasons. You can read our X570 vs. B550 vs. B450 article that explains extensively which chipset to root for in 2021. Now, it’s time for us to avert our gazes to the enumeration process. So, without any further ado, let’s begin the guide to finding the best AM4 motherboard for your gaming setup.
Prime 10 Best AM4 Motherboards in 2021
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-PLUS Best AM4 Motherboard with WIFI
Why should you buy ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus?
In all of our articles, we ensure that we pitch in something ridiculous and breathtaking, and that product is always stickied at the top. For what it’s worth, the ASUS AM4 TUF gaming X570-Plus is one of the best motherboards out there that can sustain high-end gaming with no issues. To top it off, the same motherboard is known for bringing in one of the fastest WIFI to date. So, you can either call it the best WIFI motherboard or a versatile one; it doesn’t matter.
- The motherboard offers support for all the latest and old generation Ryzen processors (including Zen 2 and Zen 3). Preferably, you should go for a threadripper which will run like a charm on this gem of a motherboard.
- It’s worth mentioning that the ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus comes with an enhanced power solution of 12+2 DR.MOS which is a mandatory feature to have in all the latest high-end entries.
- Moreover, the 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, and military-grade TUF components with a wonderful Digi+ VRM are all available with this MOBO. These are, yet again, crucial features to have since you will be overclocking the majority of the components.
- For comprehensive cooling, the motherboard slips in an Active chipset heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, and all types of hybrid fan headers (for reducing the soaring temperatures).
- Apart from this, you also get hold of dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 ports, Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet as value-added features.
- If you are into RGB lights, then this motherboard has you covered in this niche as well. Have fun lighting up your motherboard with a potpourri of colors.
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Best AM4 Motherboard for Overclocking
Why should you buy MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE?
If you are a gaming enthusiast and into extreme overclocking possibilities, then MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is the motherboard you should be buying for yourself. Imagine having features like Flagship 14+14+1 phase IR digital VRM, infinity design, mystic light infinity II, Triple lightning M.2 with shield Frozr, and a 2.5G LAN Plus WIFI 6 solution at your disposal. It’s heaven on earth, in my opinion!
- MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE is known for supporting a myriad of Ryzen processors. So even if you have a threadripper, you can completely rely on this MOBO.
- If RAM overclocking is your forte, then surprisingly, with this MOBO, you can literally reach up to 5000+ MHZ on OC mode. What a marvel!
- Apart from this, the motherboard also offers Mystic Light II for customizing your components’ RGB patterns. All you have to do is visit its dragon support center (a software) for changing the lights.
- The motherboard comes with a dynamic dashboard.
- Moreover, the motherboard slips in PCIe 4.0, triple lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2 for connectivity.
- It’s worth mentioning, you also get hold of punctuated heatsinks, so the temperatures remain at bay. It’s a very crucial requirement as you will be, majorly, overclocking all of the components.
- The MOBO also comes with pre-installed I/O shielding for EMI protection.
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Best Enthusiast-Level AM4 Motherboard
Why should you buy ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX?
There’s always a reason for buying an XYZ motherboard because, ultimately, it caters to your needs. For this one, the motherboard pitches in a surfeit of breathtaking features like 2.5 Gbps (transfer rate), Gigabit Intel LAN, WIFI 6, and 16 power stages. To be honest, having 16 power stages means a lot in 2021 as it gives you an enhanced connectivity ratio.
- This motherboard is pretty much game-ready or capable of running any sort of processor. That does include AMD Ryzen 2nd and 3rd generation entities (inclusive of threadrippers).
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E also offers Aura Sync RGB (with stipulated RGB headers on the motherboard).
- For the optimal power solution, the motherboard brings in 12+4 power stages combined with the ProCool II power connector. Not to mention, to skyrocket the cooling game of the motherboard, you get hold of alloy chokes and durable connectors for supporting multi-core processing.
- As far as comprehensive cooling is concerned, your PC gets to bask under active chipset heatsinks, MOS heatsinks, and dual onboard M.2 heatsinks (with water-pump header).
- Apart from this, the motherboard offers PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors for connectivity.
- Moreover, if you are looking forward to making use of the 5-way optimization, then there’s no better choice than ASUS ROG Strix X570-E.
- Last but not least, you also get a ROG-patented pre-mounter I/O shield and BIOS flashback compatibility for future processors.
MSI MPG X570 Gaming PLUS Best AM4 Budget Motherboard
Why should you buy MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus?
I personally have a thing for MSI motherboards because of the type of features they incorporate in. For what it’s worth, this particular motherboard falls within the category of being the second-cheapest, if not the first (check our FAQ for the cheapest motherboard to date-but it’s outdated). So, if you are short on bucks, then I would definitely suggest you go for MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus.
- First things first, the motherboard is highly compatible with Ryzen 5000 and 4000 series. To top it off, it works like a charm with any processor that Ryzen has built so far.
- You get to OC your RAM pretty extensively with this motherboard. For figures, the RAMs can reach up to 4400+ MHz in OC mode.
- You get hold of PCIe 4.0, lightning Gen4 x 4 M.2 with M.2 shield Frozr, and StoreMI.
- Apart from this, the motherboard also slips in Frozr heatsinks with patented fans and ball bearings. It is there to lower the soaring temperatures after OC mode has been kicked in.
- Not to mention, the motherboard also comes with Digital PWM IC, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, and Game Boost module.
- Last but not least, you get to tweak a myriad of settings through the proprietary software (Dragon center), especially RGB patterns and lightning.
ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS AM4 Best AM4 Micro atx Motherboard
Why should you buy ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus?
If you are planning to build a micro-ATX gaming setup, then ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus will come in handy. Not to mention, the same motherboard is also bringing in a plethora of features that aid in expanding the supporting nature of the chipset.
- To begin with, the motherboard offers support for all the Ryzen series processors, which means you can completely rely on it as far as compatibility is concerned.
- The same MOBO also pitches in an enhanced power solution of 8+2 DrMOS (power stages), ProCool connector, and military-grade TUF components. It’s a proprietary thing from the ASUS’ side, so yeah.
- Apart from this, the same motherboard also slips in a comprehensive cooling methodology with the help of VRM heatsinks, PCH fanless heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, and hybrid fan headers. To be honest, it’s a much-needed thing because people do overclock their components.
- Not to mention, you also get hold of the Realtek S1200A codec and AI noise-cancellation microphone module as value-added features.
- Last but not least, the motherboard is also equipped with PCIe 4.0, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, HDMI, and DisplayPort. To top it off, you also get hold of a myriad of USB 3.2 Gen Type-A and Type-C ports.
GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI Best AM4 mini itx Motherboard
Why should you buy GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI?
Like the previous entry (micro-ATX), if your interests lie with ITX setups, then GIGABYTE X570-I AORUS Pro WIFI is a must-go-to motherboard. It’s because of two reasons: Number one, it’s extremely compact, and number two, you are getting the majority of the features present in a standard ATX motherboard. That’s marvelous in my opinion!
- The best thing about this ITX motherboard is that it supports all kinds of processors, even threadrippers as well. So, if you have a 5600X, go ahead and slot it on the motherboard.
- It’s worth mentioning that the MOBO also supports dual-channel ECC/Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4 RAM. It’s a bummer to see that there are only two DIMMs on the MOBO; thus, allowing you to reach up to 64GB max.
- Apart from this, you get hold of 8 phases IR digital VRM, advanced thermal design, and dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x 4 slots on the motherboard.
- Moreover, the MOBO also pitches in Intel WIFI 6 and an ALC1220-VB Enhance audio module.
- Furthermore, the motherboard also brings in RGB Fusion 2.0, with addressable LED and RGB LED strips. Verily, beautiful!
- Not to mention, you also get hold of cFosSpeed, USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C, and Q-Flash Plus BIOS module as value-added features.
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M Best B450 AM4 Motherboard
Why should you buy GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M?
I know having an older generation chipset means giving up on your dreams of upgrading in the near future, but GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M has something special for you. Although it’s an outdated motherboard, it still offers value and is best for those who are looking forward to BIOS flashing in the near future.
- The motherboard is equipped with Hybrid Digital PWM, M.2 Thermal guards, and Gigabyte Gaming LAN, which is a crucial feature for online gaming.
- Not to mention, the MOBO is supportive of all the Ryzen processors, which means you can literally use a threadripper on such an outdated chipset.
- Apart from this, the MOBO offers 4 DIMMs, which exactly rounds up to 128 gigs of RAM. That’s a huge number, though.
- It’s worth mentioning that with this motherboard, you get hold of HDMI, DVI-D ports, and Ultra-Fast NVME PCIe Gen3 x 4 M.2 for enhanced connectivity.
- Moreover, the motherboard is known for pitching in resounding RGB patterns, so the users’ PCs can be flamboyant.
- Last but not least, the motherboard Smart Fan 5 feature is a temperature control algorithm that aids in reducing soaring temperatures. Make use of it since it allows you to lower the temps on OC mode.
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 Best AM4 Motherboard under $100
Why should you buy GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2?
The reason is quite straightforward here. All you have to do is imagine having a motherboard that accounts for everything that there is to a concept of functional entry and also doesn’t cost you much! Exactly! The Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 is the cheapest motherboard on the list that is under $100. See how tables have turned!
- To begin with, even though it’s the cheapest MOBO on the list, it supports all of the Ryzen processors, inclusive of threadrippers. That’s wonderful, in my opinion.
- Apart from this, the motherboard has 4 DIMMs, which means you can slot up to 128 gigs of RAM without any issues.
- Not to mention, the MOBO also comes with a digital VRM solution that aids in smoothing out the voltage spikes.
- Moreover, the MOBO has ultra-fast PCIe Gen3 x 4 M.2 slots and a high-end functional SATA mode for enhanced connectivity.
- For what it’s worth, Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 supports RGB fusion which is a must feature for gamers. Why? Everyone loves having RGB turned on in their setups, even me!
- Last but not least, you also get hold of the Smart 5 temperature function, which is a must thing if you are into overclocking. This feature allows your motherboard to function normally under extreme temperature circumstances, so yeah, have fun overclocking!
ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming Best White AM4 Motherboard
Why should you buy ASUS ROG Strix B550-A Gaming?
The sole reason for buying this motherboard is nothing but its aesthetics. Just look at it completely emblazoned in white color. To be honest, it’s one of the aesthetics white motherboard you can get for your gaming PC. Not to mention, the chipset is B550 which means that the MOBO is future-proof. So, what are you waiting for?
- The motherboard offers support for a wide range of processors which means you can easily rely on it for using either 2nd or 3rd generation Ryzen processors. Not to mention, this also includes threadrippers.
- Apart from this, the MOBO also brings in PCIe 4.0- ready, dual M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 type-C, HDMI 2.1, and DisplayPort 1.2 support.
- Not to mention, with this motherboard, you also get hold of Intel 2.5Gb ethernet (ASUS compatible) and a robust power solution (for extended longevity).
- It’s worth mentioning that the MOBO also brings in UEFI BIOS and ASUS AI networking modules as value-added features.
- Moreover, you also get hold of pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS flashback, Q-LEDs, and SafeSlot as mandatory features.
- Furthermore, if you are into RGB, then this motherboard couldn’t get any better. Well, yes, you do get hold of exceptional RGB support, which includes Aura Sync RGB lighting and Gen 2 RGB headers.
- Last but not least, the motherboard also offers an AI Noise-canceling microphone and SupremeFX S1220A Codec for internal sound.
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI motherboard Best Performative and Functional AM4 Motherboard
Why should you buy MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK?
I believe I have mentioned this countless times, but rehashing it wouldn’t cost me anything, anyways. Well, MSI motherboards are the epitome of perfection, and this particular entry is no different. To be honest, you are getting everything with this motherboard, including future support for upcoming processors.
- To begin with, the motherboard is a fine choice in terms of slotting in a plethora of processors, including 2nd and 3rd generation entities. The same formula is applicable to threadripper as well.
- Apart from this, the motherboard supports DDR4 RAM (up to 4600 MHz inclusive of OC mode).
- Not to mention, you also get hold of PCIe 4.0, lightning Gen4 x 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, and Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2.
- It’s worth mentioning that the MSI MAG X570 also brings in the mystic light formula, which is correlated to RGB lighting. With this, you get to experience 16.8 million colors and 29 effects with a single click.
- For reducing soaring temperatures, the motherboard offers a Frozr heatsink design and punctuated heatsinks (a necessity if you are extensively overclocking).
- Moreover, the same motherboard also has support from the dragon center. It’s there, so you can easily tweak some of the functionalities of the motherboard itself and the RBG patterns.
- Last but not least, the MOBO also brings in WIFI 6 support for multiplayer enthusiasts.
This brings the article to a close. Well, I hope these top 10 products were sufficient and enough for you to make a solid decision, if not the best. To be honest, there are hundreds of products in the market, and there’s no clear cut which to root for. That is why we have selected the top 10 entries, which are nearly perfect for any niche. So, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comment session. We will try our best to solve them out for you! Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes the best AM4 motherboard?
AM4 motherboards are laid out by different brands, and to be honest, there are many, including GIGABYTE, MSI, ASUS, etc. So, if you are asking which one of these makes the best AM4 motherboard, I would say ASUS and MSI. I’m not belittling the progress of GIGABYTE products, but to me, they feel a little inefficient. In short, I would always recommend ASUS motherboards as they are the best.
Is AM4 future proof 2021?
Currently, the majority of the motherboards are using AM4, so it is better assumed that it will last a couple of more years. To be honest, it entirely depends on the processor requirement. If AMD somehow manages to shift to a new variant, then definitely to use newer processors, you would have to change your motherboard to a different version; but for now, you don’t need to worry about the AM4 dying out.
What is the best budget AM4 motherboard?
An alternative to the mentioned budget-friendly in the list is ASUS Prime B450M-A. Yes, it’s quite an ancient chipset motherboard and nonetheless works like a charm. For the price tag, it hardly costs you more than $80. So, what else do you want?